Studio Marcy - Life is Good


Marcy Lamberson is the creative force behind the ETSY shop Studio Marcy http://StudioMarcy.etsy.com.

She's been melting glass for over 8 years and loving every minute of it, which is obvious when looking at her work. Her studio is a converted sunroom porch that overlooks her lovely backyard populated by birds and wildlife. That sounds very relaxing, but I think my favorite vacation would be a visit into Marcy's mind. Her imagination really tickles me.

Above is Euphonia the Alien Diva, a lampwork glass focal bead that got me laughing out loud.
Next is Blue Bella the Monkey, who has a bit of "Wallace and Grommet" flavor.

Marcy uses a 2000 degree torch and most of her glass comes from Murano, Italy. Every piece is kiln annealed for durability.

Here we have Percival the Rather Shy Fish who has a tender, allusive charm.

Next is Gemma the British Butterfly. Marcy writes amusing 'backstories' for all of her creations, which is part of the fun in shopping with her. I'm including Gemma's story to give you a taste, and to encourage you to head on over to Studio Marcy for some light hearted fun that belies the amazing technical mastery that Marcy has with glass.

"Meet Gemma. She's British. How do I know that? Well she flies in the opposite side of all the other butterflies and I ruled out that she was left handed. (she doesn't have any hands). And the other day, she was asking for tea around late afternoon, when most of the American butterflies are asking for a double espresso with cream and pollen from Starbucks.

Gemma also likes some of the weirdest comedy shows I've ever seen. I won't comment any further, as some of you might be fans also, but I happen to know that I just don't get it, unless it's Monty Python."

While Marcy Lamberson's forte is sculptural amusing beads, she enjoys challenges and is open to any special orders.

You can learn more about Marcy at her blog http://studiomarcy.blogspot.com where she interviews other interesting artisans as part of the "90 Features in 90 Days Challenge."
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...